Corporate Fitness Training and Consulting
For the Employee Fitness 2J2 can help you implement and assist your companies’ fitness program assuring both safe and effective exercise for your most important asset – your employees.
A healthy lifestyle impacts every part of your day-to-day work environment. Corporate Wellness Programs translate into fewer injuries, less human error, and a more harmonious office environment. They also let you know that your organization is concerned about your general health and well-being.
A good Corporate Wellness Program will also help reduce stress, which the United Nations has called “the 20th Century Disease.” A large majority of office workers complain that their job is stressful – a problem that affects all levels within an organization.
Stress from the workday also affects our personal relationships and activities. Human beings are just not designed to magically morph into someone else as we leave our work environment.
Taking advantage of programs offered not only will help you succeed more during work hours, it will give you more energy and patience for your home and personal life as well.
For the Employer As reported in an Ipsos-Reid study the main preventable contributors to employee absenteeism are:
- Depression/anxiety/other mental health disorders – 66%
- Stress – 60%
- [Negative] Relationship with supervisor or manager – 44%
- Co-worker conflict in the workplace – 28%
Statistics For well over a decade, research has been showing the effectiveness of Employee Wellness Programs. For every dollar spent on a Corporate Wellness Program, the returns have been cost savings of between$2.30 and $10.10 in the areas of decreased absenteeism, fewer sick days, reduced WSIB/WCB claims, lowered health and insurance costs, and improvements to employee performance and productivity.
In Canada, only 23.9% of companies reported that they have been evaluating their wellness programs regularly, which makes management unclear on the full scope of benefits being realized.
Statistics do show that a healthy organization increases employee morale, improves the ability to attract and retain key people, all while having more alert and productive employees. Some statistics of note:
- Canada Life Insurance reported a return of $3.43 on their fitness program, and an overall return on investment of $6.85 on each corporate dollar invested on reduced turnover (32.4% lower), productivity gains and decreased medical claims,
- DuPont’s Worksite Health Promotion pilot sites saw a saving of 11,726 disability days and a return of U.S. $2.05 for every dollar invested by the end of the second year,
- The Canadian government’s corporate wellness programs returned $1.95-$3.75 per employee per dollar spent (as reported by Dr. R Shephard),
- Municipal employees in Toronto, missed 3.35 fewer days in the first six months of their “Metro Fit” fitness programs than employees not enrolled in the program,
- British Columbia Hydro employees enrolled in a work-sponsored fitness program had a turnover rate of just 3.5% compared with a company average of 10.3%,
- Johnson & Johnson estimated an average saving of U.S. $224.66 per employee per year for the four years examined after the program introduction, with the bulk of the savings being in the third and fourth years,
- Coca Cola report saving $500 every year per employee after implementing a fitness program, with only 60% of their employees participating,
- Prudential Insurance Company reported that the benefits costs for employees participating in their program were $312, as opposed to $574 for non-participants
As you can see, a properly implemented program affects the bottom line as much as it builds goodwill.
Consideration? Are you to busy at work to fit exercise into your schedule? Fitness 2J2 can come to your work, cutting out travel time and scheduling your workouts when it’s convenient for you and your team. We can provide training in your corporate exercise facility or right in your office. If you’re considering installing exercise equipment for your work place, We can provide constructive fitness facility design and consulting. Training is led by former Infantry Company Sergeant Major Joel Pedersen, (ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer, Canadian Forces Fitness Instructor, Crossfit Level1 Trainer, SPRA Fitness Instructor, and Defensive Tactics Instructor)Joel can be reached @ 306-281-5338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Wellness, Holistic Positive and Healthy Lifestyle.
Leadership, Mentorship, Resilience.
Engaging youth and inspiring positive and healthy lifestyles in community through fitness.
Personal safety, changing attitudes on dealing with aggressive and negative situations.